|Why Solar Power ?|
1. Installation of solar home system reduced dependence on the utility provider (Power supply from TNB), and savings to the consumer through lower electric bills by having photovoltaic power generated as a supplementary power source.
2. Energy from sunlight is abundance and Malaysia is blessed with consistent sunlight all year round. Hence, more power output can be generated from the system.
3. Solar energy is sustainable energy. By using Solar Photovoltaic (PV) to generate electricity for your home you aren't depleting the planet of anything that it needs and nor are you pumping out any nasty bi-products such as carbon dioxide.
4. The residential Solar Photovoltaic (PV) hardly needs any maintenance it has been installed. Also, it last for a very long time in comparing to other sources of electricity generation that needs regular monitoring and heavy maintenance. If you are a business using it, you gain trust by being environmental friendly and receive additional tax deduction benefits from government for using the clean power.
5. Implementation of Feed in Tariff (FIT) System in Malaysia benefits house owners who utilize solar system. Feed in Tariff is a policy mechanism which allows users to sell back the additional electricity generated from PV System to TNB, with a higher rate ranging from RM 1.20/kWh to RM 1.75/kWh.